Nintendo’s underrated green character
I animated the dream sequence for a video “In a World” by my amazing talented buddy Brock Baker!!
Check it out!!
Don’t worry, you guys. I’m not depressed or anything. It’s just one of those days where I express thoughts that have resided in my brain for a while.
I am always concerned but it’s okay nobody’s perfect~
I FINALLY HAVE AN ONLINE STORE
Today there is free international shipping so go buy some of my artwork in prints, tote bags, pillows, t-shirts, or even mobile device cases!
Spread it around, pretty please!
I hope to include more in my store later in the future. If you guys have suggestions of what prints you would like to purchase, then don’t be afraid to message me.
Thank you all so much! Happy Shopping!~
A little self-portrait along with a note expressing some gratitude~
Thank you all so much for the love and support! The sweet messages in response to my advise comics, 4000+ Tumblr followers, and the wonderful birthday gifts were all incredibly overwhelming for my little heart. You’ve all made me incredibly happy this year!!
I apologize for the slow activity but I am currently busy with finishing the university, trying to stick to an internship, and working on some secret freelance projects (hope to show them soon). I’ll try my best to upload some pictures.
Also some of you have been messaging me more questions, and since I want to keep this Tumblr account art-oriented (and don’t have the time to illustrate every response), I’ve made an Ask.fm account.
I will be taking all of your questions in THIS LINK. Ask me anything!
Thanks again for everything! I love you all!~
I’ve been thinking about this topic for such a long time. I used to slightly overweight when I reached my teens but now I have been quite thin for a while. And now I’m close to reaching my goal weight! Horray!
And seeing a lot of people tweet about their process with exercising and their diets inspired me to make this post.
Weight issue is not only a women topic, it includes men as well. Let’s face it, we’re all slightly sensitive about our appearance. We want to look hot and attractive. But everyone please remember this!
- Don’t wish for another body type! Don’t envy those that are smaller boned. We’re all different. Be nicer to yourself. We can work to get fit but not to change who we are.
- Losing weight is not a sign of weakness. It does not mean that you think being skinny is attractive. There’s nothing wrong with getting in shape. And there’s nothing with being content with where you are right now.
- Be careful with diets! I cannot stress enough. I’m so terrified of diets! If you think you can do it then go for it! But be careful! Make sure you eat! I say this because I have been on many diets during my high school years and they were all disasters. And when I was 20 I did lose a traumatic ton of weight, but not through a healthy diet and exercise! I kept forgetting to eat and was starving myself! PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO EAT! Be sensible with your portions! Focus on that.
- It doesn’t matter whether you want to lose weight or not, I highly recommend exercising. It’s a good way to release any sort of stress. I’m currently taking a fitness class and Yoga, and I’ve never felt more relaxed.
- Don’t panic if you screw up! Technically we’re suppose to screw up, it shows that we’re human. You will fall, get up and continue running. We are strong individuals! Be nice yourself! Tweet about your success with losing weight! Show how proud you are! You might even motivate some people!
- UPDATE: I completely forgot to mention Muscle Mass!! Thank you everyone!! Gaining muscle is a good thing. When you exercise, you will lose some pounds but gain some as well. It’s not fat though! Don’t panic! It’s muscle!! It means you’re getting fit and can beat someone in arm wrestling! To those that are interested in gaining more muscle, there are certain exercise routines and diets that can help. I think maybe crossfit would be a good option.
I made this post to hopefully encourage you guys (and myself) to learn to be happier with ourselves, whether we want to lose weight or not.
Of course don’t just listen to me. Go to your friends for advise or ask other people with more experience! Learn from them and then make your own decisions!
I chose to lose weight because I wanted to be fit for myself. Not for anyone or for any guy. Make yourself happy. You deserve it.
You guys can do it! I believe in you! Good luck, everyone!!
Autumn season with pumpkin spice coffee
Sorry for the slow updates! I’ve been busy with fun projects lately
Cute Asian Outfits is my favorite tumblr blog
Happy Birthday, Joe
I could swear there are many posts that talk about this but oh well… Anywho…
I really felt the need to discuss this because I have felt like this before. And I know it’s difficult to talk about it out of the fear of being called selfish or “crying for attention”.
I completely disagree. It’s not a matter of acting selfish. Again it’s another self-esteem issue. Let’s face it, low self-esteem is difficult to overcome, despite what some people think.
But it can be helped. We all want to be funny, smart, clever, pretty, talented, and all that jazz. We can be those! It’s totally possible.
Get started now! Learn to laugh and develop your own sense of humor. Be up to date with current events. Dress properly and care about your appearance.
But mind you I never said it was easy or a quick-fix. Everything takes time. I know it’s difficult in this time where we want things instantly. Believe me, I am the most impatient individual. But we just have to wait and keep working.
And popularity should not be your main concern. Yes as an artist we want some recognition, but becoming popular for the sake of being popular is a negative behavior to have.
Go at your own pace. Take it step by step to be become a better individual and a better artist. Make yourself happy and learn to love yourself.
I’m working on that too. In fact I made this advise for myself as well. Everything will get be better. Don’t worry C:
All my life I’ve been extremely negative and mean, so I want to change that!!
I completely understand why a lot of us feel that we’re not good enough artists. Especially in animation, it’s a competitive field. And we’re constantly pressured to go to an art school, get a degree, get an internship, and work in an industry before we turn 30 and we’re “old”.
The anxiety and stress is unhealthy and just lowers our self-esteem dramatically. I personally blame the internet.
- It’s never too late! Who cares if you’re 15 or 40. Don’t feel inadequate if someone younger has accomplished more or if someone is more admired than you.
- It’s okay to dream to work in certain studios, but your other big goal is to be the best artist you can be. I know that sounds cliche but it’s a good way to feel proud of yourself. That is still my biggest ambition and the amount of friends and contacts I’ve made over the past couple of years is a tremendous bonus.
- Be nice to yourself!! I’m a self-critique but it’s okay to feel proud of your work. Accept every compliment you receive and be grateful. I’m a bit nervous towards any form of adulation but I’m thanking everyone regardless.
- Sometimes it’s okay to whine. I used to be against that but that just bottles up your emotions until it explodes and you’re depressed for 3-4 whole months. Write it out in a journal or talk to someone. Then cheer yourself up because you deserve to be happy.
Yeesh I’m sorry for the all the blabbering. I hope this helps everyone. This is also for me too so I don’t always feel crummy. It stinks but we can pull through it!
Let’s get confident!!